- BABO Final judging May 6, 2023 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
We need volunteers to steward and judge.
Email Jack Weldon, the competition organizer, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Homebrew Convention
SAN DIEGO June 22–24, 2023
June 22-24, 2023 in San Diego | Homebrew Con
- Santa Clara County Fair homebrew competition
June 28: Entry deadline on The Fair’s website (TBD).
July 15-16: Drop-off dates at the Fairgrounds.
July 22: Ideal Finals Judging date
- North Berkeley brewery crawl will be May 20
The Draught Board has worked out the following itinerary.
– North Berkeley BART,
– Great Notion (noon),
– Fieldwork and
– Westbrae Biergarten
As May 20 is the next HeadQuaters club meeting, I’ll likely drive, if anyone wants to tag along.
I’ll send out a more formal email with details soon.
- NCHF, the Northern California Homebrewers Festival is scheduled for September 15 & 16.
The theme for 2023 is Feelin’ Groovy!
- I reported obtaining the BJCP Sensory Training Kit (AKA off flavor training).
I’m planning on presenting one or probably two of these at each meeting starting next month, in May.
Members were concerned I’d purchased the kit myself, suggesting they’d like to contribute to the cost.
FYI. The kit cost $100 but I’ll also be getting beer and plastic cups, so donations would be appreciated.
We will take up a collection at the meeting.
- We set the following monthly beer themes for the rest of 2023.
– May, Maibock
– June, Hazy IPA (to prepare for July brewing challenge)
– July, Session Beers (<5%) & Pale Ales
– August, Brew with new or experimental ingredient or technique
– September, NCHF, the Northern California Homebrewers Festival
– October, Oktoberfest/Märzen
– November, Holiday Beers
– December, no meeting
- The next club challenge will be Hazy IPA.
The entries will be due and judged at the July meeting.
We sampled 10 homebrews and some fine Clandestine Brewing beers.
Thank you Clandestine Brewing for allowing us to meet at your facility.
Thanks to everyone sharing beer,