- I reported my neighbor, Steve Bueller, is hastily organizing a musical party for Saturday, August 27.
This was initially described as an impromptu, sort of afternoon jam session for some of his closest
But it’s growing into more.
The latest count is some 40-50 musicians, not including wives, girl friends, significant others, etc.
Some members suggested their interest in providing beer.
You’re welcome to hang out, if sharing beer.
The music is typically 60’s & 70’s Rock with some Blues.
One of the bands, is EngineRoom.
These guys are in another band- which I believe will also be playing.
Let me know if you’re interested in providing beer for the party.
- NCHF (Northern California Homebrewers Festival) September 16 & 17.
Jeremy & I have gotten our tickets.
There are still plenty of available tickets.
And the organizers are looking for volunteers, especially for registration.
A 2 hour volunteer session gets a fest/camping ticket.
Contact Jack Weldon <firstname.lastname@example.org> for details or to volunteer.
The theme, for 2022, is Homebrew Circus!
The two club competition beer styles are the following.
– Cream Ale
– And a beer brewed with Lallemand Belle Saison™ yeast.
Jeremy & I are planning on a fairly ‘basic’ booth, so it should be a relatively stress-free weekend.
Let us know if you decide to go or want to send beer for the booth.
- The club has agreed to set up a booth and pour our homebrew at the Downtown Gilroy Halloween Beer Crawl Saturday, October 15, from 1-5PM.
Jeff reports it’s the same setup/location/perks as prior years, in the patio area of Old City Hall restaurant.
Brewery Twenty Five from San Juan Bautista will also be back again this year in that same courtyard space.
So far Andy, Jeremy, Kyle, Brandon, Eric, Aaron & I have volunteered.
Let us know if you’re interested in helping and/or providing a keg.
- The California State Homebrew Competition entry registration opens September 3 at https://castate.brewcompetition.com/.
Bottles maybe dropped off from Saturday, October 1, 2022 12:00 PM, PDT through Thursday, October 13, 2022 6:00 PM, PDT at the following locations.
– More Beer San Leandro
2315 Verna Ct. San Leandro, CA 94577
– Morebeer Concord Showroom
995 Detroit ave. Unit G Concord, CA 94518
MEADs and CIDERs are added to the competition for the first time!
Best of Show brewer will get to brew with our host Oakland United Beerworks!
Judging will take place November 4-6, 2022, and winners will be announced at the awards ceremony November 6, 2:00 pm, hosted by Oakland United Beerworks.
- We sampled 15 homebrews from 6 homebrewers along with some commercial beers.